The United States has a long history of gun ownership and firearms have become a part of the country’s cultural identity. In recent years, there has been a significant increase in gun ownership and firearm sales. In this blog post, we will explore the top 10 handgun model sales in America and discuss the crime of straw purchasing.
- Glock 19 – The Glock 19 is one of the most popular handguns in the United States, and its reliability and ease of use have made it a favorite among gun enthusiasts.
- Smith & Wesson M&P Shield – The Smith & Wesson M&P Shield is a compact, lightweight handgun that is popular for concealed carry.
- SIG Sauer P365 – The SIG Sauer P365 is a popular choice for those who want a small, easily concealable handgun that is also powerful and reliable.
- Ruger LCP – The Ruger LCP is a small, lightweight handgun that is ideal for concealed carry and personal defense.
- Springfield Armory XD-S – The Springfield Armory XD-S is a popular choice for those who want a compact handgun that is easy to carry and reliable.
- Smith & Wesson J-Frame – The Smith & Wesson J-Frame is a classic revolver that has been a favorite among gun owners for decades.
- Glock 43 – The Glock 43 is a popular choice for those who want a small, easily concealable handgun that is also powerful and reliable.
- Smith & Wesson SD9VE – The Smith & Wesson SD9VE is a reliable and affordable handgun that is a popular choice for those who want a good quality gun at a reasonable price.
- Beretta 92FS – The Beretta 92FS is a classic handgun that has been in use for many years and is known for its reliability and accuracy.
- CZ-USA P-10 C – The CZ-USA P-10 C is a popular choice for those who want a reliable, accurate, and high-quality handgun.
While owning a handgun is legal in the United States, purchasing a firearm for someone who is not allowed to possess a gun is illegal. This is known as straw purchasing, and it is a serious crime that can result in fines and even imprisonment. The term “straw purchasing” refers to the practice of buying a gun on behalf of someone else who is prohibited from owning a firearm. This is done to evade the background check and other requirements that must be met before a person can legally purchase a gun. Straw purchasing is a federal crime, and it is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
In conclusion, the top 10 handgun models in America reflect the diverse needs and preferences of gun owners in the country. While gun ownership is legal, it is important to understand the laws surrounding the purchase and possession of firearms. Straw purchasing is a serious crime that can have significant consequences, and it is important for gun owners to understand the legal and ethical implications of purchasing firearms for others.